Monday, December 31, 2012

The Victoria Falls Hotel & Bridge

Photobucket
The Victoria Falls Bridge, Zimbabwe

Photobucket
This post is a bit delayed, but at the end of the dry season, I visited Victoria Falls for the first time.
This was my first glimpse of one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World.

Photobucket
I loved the image of this man reading outside the Victoria Falls Hotel.

Photobucket
Oh, Cape Town, how far off you are!
Although closer than Egypt!
(How far my photos have come..the Egypt link was basically my first post ever!)

Photobucket
The Falls.

Photobucket
The Victoria Falls Hotel.

Photobucket
This is the bridge people bungee jump into the gorge from...um, no thank you!
Especially after this into the crocodile infested Zambezi River!!
Eerily, I forgot it happened last New Year's Eve.

....Happy New Year's Eve, hopefully it will be better this year for that Australian tourist.

Photobucket
The hotel was built in 1904 to accommodate passengers coming to see the Falls on the Cape to Cairo railway.

Photobucket


More to come on the Falls itself!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover