Over the years, I've been blessed to travel a lot, live in Africa, and experience a sliver of this great world. Here are my top favorite posts that I've been so lucky to capture for this blog (in no particular order):
1. I love, love, love, love lighthouses and Senegal has its share (two in Dakar, one with its own shipwreck!), but it was this lighthouse in Gandiol that brought a smile of pure delight to my face.
2. I fell in love with Peleș Castle, with the snow capped mountains enveloping it, the crisp Transylvania air, and the aura of the Dracula legend lurking in the background. I left Transylvania thinking Romania was stunning and my camera couldn't capture half of its beauty.
3. Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks is by far, hands down, no second thoughts, the most wonderful place I have ever visited. It was here I realized I was made to love mountains (and yet, lived in flat Senegal) and that the American cowboy is a wonderful gift to the world. If you are given the chance to visit these parks, go, go, GO. Do not hesitate. In fact, go buy a ticket right now. It is a testament to why this world is a wonderful place. And because one post is not enough, here's the rest of the trip's photos.
4. Saint-Louis, Senegal's city on the border with Mauritania, is beautiful with its old architecture, island quirkiness, and peaceful character. During my last visit there, this was my favorite photograph from the trip.
5. When I think of Dakar, I always think of recycled artwork and the ingeniousness of the Senegalese. I've watched them make this art and I still wonder how they do it so incrediably well. If tin can art isn't for you, don't be fooled: Senegal's art world is thriving.
6. After living for several years in Senegal, I was blessed enough to experience and see a lot of fantastic things. Here's my favorite photographs out of thousands I took.