Saturday, June 9, 2012

Snapshots From the Air: Zimbabwe Safari Style!

Photobucket
Taking an awesome ultralight flight over the Save Valley Conservancy in southeastern Zimbabwe, 
it is impossible not to be stunned by the country's beauty.

Photobucket
Apparently when you swoop over a bull elephant, he's not so much a fan of it...!

Photobucket
I went up in the air just after day break and the blueness reminded me of my beloved Blue Ridge Mountains near Charlottesville, Virginia.

Photobucket
Why hello, Zebra!

Photobucket
An elephant herd.

Photobucket
Impalas----don't they look a bit trippy?  It's a lot harder than I expected to photograph from an ultralight with the wind whipping all around
and trying not to whack the pilot in the head with my telephoto lens.  
At least that's how I am explaining how strange but cool this photo came out.

Photobucket
Impalas looking a bit more realistic. Sadly all my photos of giraffes came out so poorly I would be embarrassed to share them!

Photobucket
What Hammond Ranch Safari Lodge looks like from the air.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover