Thursday, July 12, 2012

Snapshots From the Air: Blue Ridge Mountains Ballooning!

Photobucket
I recently took a hot air balloon ride over the glorious Blue Ridge Mountains outside of Charlottesville, Virginia, United States.

Photobucket
This is what the whole world should look like.
Okay, maybe I exaggerate, but I have never once seen the Blue Ridge Mountains and not felt extraordinary joy.
Okay, maybe I exaggerate, but no, no, I don't really. Mountains bring me great joy.

Photobucket
How cool is this?  I must say this is an experience that I'm now looking for excuses to do allllll over the world.

Photobucket
The balloon's shadow over houses near Charlottesville.

Photobucket
The mist rising off the morning reminded me of the awesome mist from this fantastic hike in Chimanimani, Zimbabwe.

Photobucket
The barn near where we touched down after gliding across the Charlottesville skies.

Photobucket
Excellent views, even better company, and my glorious Blue Ridge Mountains--how can this not be beyond wonderful?

Photobucket
Charlottesville from the balloon.

Photobucket
At times the ride felt like a tour of all the fantastic homes on the outskirts of Charlottesville.
I saw a few I wouldn't mind having...but suspect I couldn't afford :)

So incredibly different from my last snapshots from the air!





3 comments:

  1. Wow! but I think that's a shadow rather than a reflection, n'est pas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff. Esp. one and three. I like the perspective on eight too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover