Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cape Point, South Africa

Photobucket
Not far from the Cape of Good Hope is Cape Point, South Africa.

Photobucket
The goal: hike up to this wonderful lighthouse.
(It's been so long since I've been able to feed my lighthouse addiction!!)

Photobucket
Up this beautiful path we went...

Photobucket
...and wow. Wow. Wow.  Just pausing en route took your breath away.
This is the Cape of Good Hope and Dias Beach.

Photobucket
The lighthouse made me miss the waters of Senegal.

Photobucket
The trip to the paths near the lighthouse are more that worth it.
Look at those cliffs!  That water!  Just wow. Wow. Wow!

Photobucket

For some reason, the cliffs made me think of this movie clip.
It's probably because I'm a huge fan and am still waiting to come face-to-face with a ROUS.


Photobucket
Looking down put the drop into perspective...
...and made me feel like a wimp. I mean, seriously!  This lizard was just chilling. No big deal.

Photobucket
New York City was 12,541 kilometers from the Cape Point lighthouse.
It had never felt so far away before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover