Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Ivory Lodge

Photobucket
After a lovely visit to Matopos, we visited the Ivory Lodge for a wonderful safari.

Photobucket
The cottages are cozy and built on stilts...so different from the last time I stayed somewhere with stilts!

Photobucket
I confess: I fell asleep here in the warmth of the sun.

Photobucket
The lodge's common area.

Photobucket
The Ivory Lodge is known for its frequent visitors: the Presidential herd.

Photobucket
Elephants and a giraffe seeking water at the lodge's pan during the dry season.

Photobucket
I love, love, love how giraffes drink.

Photobucket
Although I suspect I love baby elephants a lot more....

Photobucket
Hello, baby elephant!

Photobucket
Hello, giraffes!

Photobucket
One of the elephants scaring off baboons.


For more information on the Ivory Lodge.

For more information on protecting Hwange's Presidential Herd of elephants.






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover