Friday, April 18, 2014

Farewell, Zimbabwe, farewell...


It is with sadness that I note my time in Zimbabwe has come to an end and this will be my last post on the beautiful country.  In honor of the wonderful experience I've had living in Harare, this post is a collection of my favorite photos from my time wandering Harare and beyond.

Curious what my favorite photographs from living in Senegal were? Go here!

Curious what my favorite animal photographs were? Go here!!

In no particular order, my favorite photographs of Zimbabwe, chosen from well over 10,000 photographs (wow!):

 photo 71ParkSky-tiaphotoblog.jpg
Hwange National Park in the rainy season - Adios, Hwange!

 photo 51ManaHippo-tiaphotoblog.jpg
A hippopotamus yawns at sunset over the Zambezi River in Mana Pools National Park - A Mana Pools Smorgasbord

 photo 11DrownedForest-tiaphotoblog_zps27eaa14e.jpg
As dusk approaches over Lake Kariba, fishermen take to the water - Sunset over a drowned forest

 photo 11VFSMorg-tiaphotoblog_zps7e38b419.jpg
Victoria Falls at Christmas time, the height of the rainy season - A Victoria Falls Christmas (Part Deux)

 photo 21HwangeSunset-tiaphotoblog_zps526b1242.jpg
Sunset in Hwange National Park - The Return to Hwange

 photo 71Chimanimani-tiaphotoblog.jpg
I originally captioned this photo: "After seeing this view in Chimanimani, I knew I had fallen in love with Zimbabwe." - Au Revoir, Chimanimani, I will return...

 photo 31Jacaranda-tiaphotoblog_zpsfc6f305c.jpg
Harare's jacarandas in bloom at sunrise - Harare in the bloom of the jacarandas

 photo 22LKSunset-tiaphotoblog_zps1aa33c68.jpg
An elephant at sunset, Lake Kariba - Take my breath away: Drowned forest sunset

 photo 51PanView-tiaphotoblog.jpg
Sunrise over the pan in Hwange National Park - The Hwange smorgasbord

 photo 72VicFallsSunRise-tiaphotoblog_zpsc9b3f9df.jpg






3 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely love jacaranda trees. Love, love, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is among the most significant info for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The website style
    is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    Also visit my webpage; why not try these out ()

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas time @ Victoria Falls I'll be there! Simply the Best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover